Best of the Best Male and Female High School and College Nominees Announced and Preparing for Video Shoots
Since 2012, Best of the Best has made a profound difference in the lives of student-athletes nationwide and the Latino community that supports them. Best of the Best recognizes student-athletes that demonstrate unprecedented leadership and exceptional talent both on and off the soccer field.
Our 20 Best of the Best nominees will receive:
- Professionally shot and edited videos.
- Mentions in the Futbol Mundial Publication.
- Opportunity to become the 2014 Best of the Best High School and College Finalists that receive:
- A spread in the Futbol Mundial print publication
- Front Page Award in Futbol Mundial
- $1000 Scholarship – $500 for the Best of the Best student and $500 for the student’s school athletics program.
- Catered Leadership Awards luncheon at the student’s school.
Congratulations to our 2014 Nominees:
- Jasmin Carrera, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago IL
- Marlyn Campa, Texas Southern University, Houston, TX
- Ana Penaagos, Briarcliffe College, Bethpage NY
- Antonella Monrreal, Barry University, Miami, FL
- Sofia Huerta, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA
- Mario Da Silva, United States Military Academy, West Point, NY
- David Rodriguez, Saint Xavier University, Chicago, IL
- Martin Giordano, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook NY
- Andres Garcia, California State University, Sacramento, CA
- Joshua Zapata, Suffolk County Community College, Selden, NY
Female High School
- Selena Cuara, Long Beach Polytechnic, Long Beach, CA
- Edasia Martinez, Brentwood High School, Brentwood, NY
- Monique Polanco, John F. Kennedy High School, Bellmore, NY
- Ashley Miramontes, Rancho Dominguez High School, Long Beach, CA
- Shaina Conlifee, Venice High School, Los Angeles, CA
Male High School
- Stephen Millan, Christopher Columbus High School, Miami, FL
- Guissepe Milan, Martin Luther King HS, New York, NY
- Bernardo Vielma, South Garland High School, Garland, Texas
- Ricardo Gonzalez, North Dallas High School, Dallas, Texas
- Miguel Pina, Taft High School, Chicago, IL
- Gabriel Pineda, Immaculate-LaSalle High School, Miami, FL
Four Best of the Best finalists will be selected by an online vote and by a panel of expert judges (link to judges page – http://www.futbolmundial.com/meet-judges/) . For more information about Best of the Best 2014, visit http://www.futbolmundia.com/bestofthebest or call Jennifer Ross at (516) 343-6247.
About Mundial Sports Network:
Mundial Sports Network is a leading Latino sports media company based in New York. Founded in 1999 by entrepreneur Felix Sencion, voted by Crain’s as one of their “40 under 40” to watch, Mundial offers advertisers direct access to the highly coveted U.S. Hispanic male sports fan. Mundial Sports Network is #1 in reaching US Hispanic sports fans online (Ranking based on Mundial Sports Network’s custom-defined ranking based on comScore data.) Coupled with its print magazines, Fútbol Mundial and Béisbol Mundial, Mundial Sports Network’s ability to reach and engage U.S. Hispanic male sports fans uniquely positions the company to deliver incredible value on behalf of its advertiser partners. For more information, visit http://MundialSportsNetwork.com.